Monday, July 5, 2010

Training in Foix, France

Tucked in the foothills of the MidiPyrenees is a small French town called Foix. The narrow cobblestone streets are lined with houses over 500 years old, that lean over you as you stroll beneath them. Then, overlooking the city is Chateau D'Foix, a castle that was initially built in the year 1000 A.D. I've spent the last week and a half in this quaint little city, training for the Junior World Championships.
Training has taken place on a local river which is fed by the snowmelt of the surrounding mountains. The water is big, wavy, and powerful - a drastic change from La Seu D'Urgell. I am learning to love it though, and I look forward to my last two days of training before the race.
The race is this weekend. I will take Preliminary runs on Friday, and Semi-Finals and Finals runs on Sunday.

I will check in as soon as I can. For now,

Hailey

1 comment:

Tengai650 said...

Good Luck and paddle hard!