Tuesday, July 29, 2008

August Plans


Well, I'm getting ready to go on a two week sea kayaking trip up in the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior...I must admit, I'm going to be out of my element in a sea kayak, but I'm really looking forward to the endurance training I'm going to get, and I'll be paddling with a really fun group. The Apostles are supposed to be some of the most beautiful sea kayaking in the states....I'll be sure to get lots of pictures! Right after I get home (literally, the day after I get home) I'm going up to the Wausau Whitewater Park, for Midwest Freestyle Championships, which I can't wait for! I'll get two solid days of training in, and then there is a two day competition. Then, I get about three days of down time at home before I'm heading to West Virginia! I'm going to get as much time as I can running rivers (hopefully, I'll get some Gauley time, as well as being on the New) and playboating, and then I'm going to be going to ASCI (another artificial whitewater course), in Wisp, Maryland, where I'll be competing in Slalom Nationals.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Hey Hails!!!
Hope you've had a great time at camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way, that's like my favorite picture of you!!!!!! It's so cool!!!! It makes you look so professional!! (which you basically are...) See ya later!

Hailey Thompson said...

hehe, thx!