Thursday, July 10, 2008

Olympic Trials/Senior National Team Trials


Wow, what an incredible competition. Olympic/Senior National Team Trials were held in Charlotte, NC, at the US National Whitewater Center (USNWC). The USNWC is an beautiful artificial whitewater course with fun and chalenging class IV rapids, and is great for slalom and freestyle competitions. Anyways, I was down there in April for trials, and I competed in the first ever official Womens' C1 category! The slalom course was really intense and chalenging, and the competition was great, and I finished second, behind Colleen Hickey, and became the youngest person to ever make senior team, as well as second boat on the first Womens' C1 Senior National Team in history. It was pretty cool. I qualified for Pre-Worlds in Seu, Spain, but I'm going to stay in the States for the Junior Olympics. I think next year will be my year to go international.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking great Sister. I'm so proud of you. Way to go!

Hailey Thompson said...

Thanks Bro! Have fun w/ rafting!